|Season 3, Episode 1|
|First Aired||June 8, 2015|
|Writer(s)||Peter Paige & Bradley Bredeweg|
"The End of the Beginning"
"The Fosters" picks up during summer, a few weeks after the terrible car accident involving Mariana, Jesus and their pregnant biological mother, Ana. As the family deals with the aftermath of the situation, Stef is determined to find the driver responsible for the crash. Callie continues to volunteer at the drop-in center where she meets AJ, a foster teen runaway searching for his older brother. Brandon starts at the Idyllwild Music Program and quickly realizes that he will be faced with serious competition. Meanwhile, Jude tells Connor he prefers to keep their relationship private at school.
- Teri Polo as Stef Adams Foster
- Sherri Saum as Lena Adams Foster
- Hayden Byerly as Jude Adams Foster
- David Lambert as Brandon Foster
- Maia Mitchell as Callie Jacob
- Danny Nucci as Mike Foster
- Cierra Ramirez as Mariana Adams Foster
- Tom Williamson as AJ
- Jordan Rodrigues as Mat Tan
- Ashley Argota as Lou Chan
- Annika Marks as Monte Porter
- Gavin MacIntosh as Connor Stevens
- Madison Pettis as Daria
- Izabela Vidovic as Taylor
- Keean Johnson as Tony
- Katherine McNamara as Kat
- Alex Saxon as Wyatt
- Alexandra Barreto as Ana Gutierrez
- Jack DePew as Jasper
- Alberto De Diego as Rafael
- Vaughn Armstrong as Mr. Olsen
- Keli Daniels as Teri Sanderson
- David Douglas as Chris
- Dylan John Seaton as Joe Olsen
- Bradley Estrin as Idyllwild Counselor
- Cade Canon Ball as Young Dude
- Harrison White as Store Owner
- It is revealed that Jesus was not a fatality in the car accident and that Stef and Lena allowed him to attend Flintwood.
- Brandon is put down as a composer, not a pianist as exepected, at the summer music program.
- Mariana tells Callie that she wants to lose her virginity to Mat before he goes off on tour with hopes he will remember her during their time apart.
- Mariana succeeds in losing her virginity. However, it is to Wyatt - not Mat.
- Taylor outs Jude and Connor's relationship at school. Daria is relieved that she wasn't the reason that Connor broke up with her. However, Jude claims he isn't gay. He later explains that while he wants to be Connor's boyfriend, he doesn't want to be labelled and simply wishes to be "Jude" for awhile.
- Callie gets fired from the Mission Beach Drop-In Center after after A.J. stole cans of spray paint there due to Callie letting him spend the night at the drop-in center. This could mean that Callie will not be able to graduate on time.
- Monte offers to take Lena to Washington D.C. with her as a part of a teacher's program, but Lena refuses, saying that Stef needs her.
- It is revealed that after the car crash, the man responsible fled from the scene and wasn't able to be identified. Since this, Stef is fully determined to catch the guy before the case is dropped, much to Lena's annoyance.
- Lena still hasn't told Stef about her kiss with Monte.