|The Silence She Keeps|
|Season 2, Episode 17|
|First Aired||February 23, 2015|
|Writer(s)||Cristian Martinez & Dan Richter|
"If You Only Knew"
"Now Hear This"
Stef and Lena try and understand Callie's decision while she struggles to keep a secret. Lena gets caught in the middle of a conflict when Monte and Timothy disagree over the school curriculum. Mariana uses a different approach to attract a top dancer to join her small but talented dance team.
- Teri Polo as Stef Adams Foster
- Sherri Saum as Lena Adams Foster
- Jake T. Austin as Jesus Adams Foster
- Maia Mitchell as Callie Jacob
- David Lambert as Brandon Foster
- Cierra Ramirez as Mariana Adams Foster
- Hayden Byerly as Jude Adams Foster
- Danny Nucci as Mike Foster
- Daffany McGaray Clark as Daphne
- Kerr Smith as Robert Quinn
- Rosie O'Donnell as Rita Hendricks
- Jay Ali as Timothy
- Samantha Logan as Tia Stephens
- Annika Marks as Monte Porter
- Alexandra Barreto as Ana Gutierrez
- Valerie Dillman as Jill Quinn
- Hannah Kasulka as Kaitlyn Reihl
- Caitlin Carver as Hayley Heinz
- Roxana Brusso as Detective Hernandez
- Robert Neary as Detective Maslow
- Ashlee Füss as April
- Asjha Cooper as Alison
- The episode title, The Silence She Keeps, is most likely referring to Callie telling no one in her family about the real reason why she wants to stay with Robert-to protect herself, Daphne, and Brandon from getting in serious trouble because they were involved in the kidnapping of Tasha. It could also refer to the assignment set by Timothy to Mariana's English class: "Write about a silence you keep."
- This is the first episode where we see the new Girls United House, which is funded by Robert.
- Daphne could face 11 years in prison if she is found guilty of kidnapping Tasha.
- Mike is the first family member who hears about Brandon's potentional scholarship to the Idyllwild summer music program.
- At the end of the episode, Daphne finally tells the authorities that she kidnapped Tasha; although, she lies to the authories when she says she did it all on her own.
- Timothy's English class talks about the Hunger Games.
- April, who was kicked off of Kaitlyn's dance team in Say Something, becomes a fleshed out character with lines. She is a candidate for Mariana's dance team.
- Main Article: Music Guide
- A Way to You Again by Peter Bradley Adams (Callie and Jude walk on the beach on the way to school, Callie explains to Jude her choose and makes out a plan for them so that can spend time together.)
- Zeppelin by Eli Lieb (Mariana passes out fliers in the hallway in the hallway of the school for her and Tia dance troop when April asks for one; Mariana explains to Tia the approach they need to take when recruiting April.)
- Down In the River by Artmagic (As Callie comes into work, Daphne pulls her aside and tells about the police officers stopping by her house then Callie tries tries easy her worry by telling about her plan to move in with Robert.)
- Move Like U Stole It by ZZ Ward (Mariana and Tia watch as April and the other dancers audition for the dance team.)
- Cool Words by Lee Richardson, Richard Macklin & Tom Ford (Brandon listens to music in the kitchen as he studies when Jesus comes and picks a fight with him.)
- Where She Lives by Our Griffins (At Not A Burger Stand, Callie and Daphne work when Jude and Robert arrive; Daphne gets Jude a soda as Callie and Robert go outback to talk; Callie and Robert talk about her decision then they hug, Jude sees.)
- Lights by The Pack A.D. (Jesus works out in the garage when Brandon comes in and asks him why he's been so aggravated and a jackass.)
- I Didn't Put Anyhing Into Your Place by Ryanhood (Mike and Brandon begin to have a fight, Lena tries to meditate then excuses herself and they have a real father-son talk.)
- Unconsolable by X Ambassadors (Mariana walks out of class, the rest of the class follows her, Lena yells after her; Daphne confesses to the detectives at the Girls United house; the judge asks Callie if she's changed her choice.)
Promo and Sneak PeeksEdit