|The End of the Beginning|
|Season 2, Episode 21|
|First Aired||March 23, 2015|
|Writer(s)||Joanna Johnson, Bradley Bredeweg, & Peter Paige|
"Not That Kind of Girl"
The End of the Beginning was the twenty-first episode in Season 2 of The Fosters. This episode aired on March 23, 2015. This marks the final episode of season 2. It is the forty-second episode overall.
With one too many lies told in an effort to keep their growing family together, relationships will be put to the test and someone’s story will come to an end. A visit with Robert’s father (Patrick Duffy) makes Robert and Callie see each other in a new light. Mariana prepares for a make-or-break dance team showdown at school, and Jude takes a stand for a friend.
- Teri Polo as Stef Adams Foster
- Sherri Saum as Lena Adams Foster
- Jake T. Austin as Jesus Adams Foster
- Maia Mitchell as Callie Jacob
- David Lambert as Brandon Foster
- Cierra Ramirez as Mariana Adams Foster
- Hayden Byerly as Jude Adams Foster
- Danny Nucci as Mike Foster
- Kerr Smith as Robert Quinn
- Gavin MacIntosh as Connor Stevens
- Samantha Logan as Tia Stephens
- Amanda Leighton as Emma
- Annika Marks as Monte Porter
- Chris Bruno as Adam Stevens
- Valerie Dillman as Jill Quinn
- Bailee Madison as Sophia Quinn
- Alexandra Barreto as Ana Gutierrez
- Ashley Argota as Lou Chan
- Ashley Fuss as April
- Keli Daniels as Teri Sanderson
- Caitlin Carver as Hayley Heinz
- J.R. Cacia as Dan Cruz
- Jordan Rodrigues as Mat Tan
- Marlene Forte as Elena Gutierrez
- Tony Plana as Victor Gutierrez
- Mia Cottet as Monica Quinn
- Deborah Lacey as Marie
- Hannah Kasulka as Kaitlyn Reihl
- Dan Sachoff as Judge Ringer
- Allison Buczkowski as Ivy
- Amber Friendly as Nurse
- Patrick Duffy as Robert Quinn Sr.
- This is the first episode to feature Callie's biological grandfather and step-grandmother.
- Lena vents about her life's frustrations to Monte, whilst having a glass of wine, which leads to a kiss between the two. The aftermath of this decision is left to be seen.
- Part of the dance that Kaitlyn's team performed was the same that they competed with previously.
- Jude officially claims Connor as his boyfriend.
- Robert gives up his legal parental rights to Callie in this episode, finally allowing her to be adopted by the Fosters.
- A car slams into Jesus' side of the car while Mariana and Ana, who was possibly in labor, were inside it as well.
- Mariana wasn't wearing a seatbelt during the car crash at the end of the episode.
- Stef was shown driving to the accident, so she will be the first of the family to witness the crash.
- This was Jake. T. Austin's final episode as a main cast member.
- Main Article: Music Guide
- Why I Had To Go by Bishop Allen (The foster were eating breakfast together.)
- Devils by Say Hi (Jude went to the hospital to see Connor.)
- Corazon by Matt Hirt (Mariana and Jesus meet with their grandparents.)
- Everything by Ben Fields (When Ana and Mariana talk.)
- Riverboat Captain by Joe Purdy (When Jude gets to see Connor in the hospital.)
- Not Good For Me by Hayden Calnin (Robert and Callie talked.)
- On Land by TV Girl (Lena and Monte celebrating getting the grant.)
- Move by Leila (Kaitlyn and her dance team performs.)
- Light It Up by Kellie (Kaitlyn and her dance team performs.)
- One World by Bad Elevator (Mariana's dance team performs.)