Picking up from the cliffhanger finale, Callie is left in a tailspin when the Quinns demonstrate a sincere interest in having her be part of their family.
As Callie tries to wrap her head around Robert's change-of-heart, an ambulance shows up at the Quinn's house. Stef and Lena find themselves on opposite sides of several issues, including Lena's sudden decision to quit her job. Brandon is offered an opportunity to attend a prestigious summer music program. Mariana struggles when her dance team leader changes the lineup the day before the competition.
Meanwhile, Jesus secretly attends Ana's AA meeting and is shocked by what he hears.
- This episode features a PSA on suicide prevention.
- The episode starts on the day of the last scene of the season 2A finale, Someone's Little Sister.
- Brandon reveals that he has been to a couple of Mike's alcoholic's anonymous meetings.
- This is the first episode where Jill is fully supportive of Robert having full custody of Callie.
- Robert has a panic attack in this episode. This may imply that Callie's panic attacks in season 2A are at least partially genetic.