|Season 2, Episode 14|
|First Aired||February 2, 2015|
"Light of Day"
The Adams Fosters kids are not very happy to head out to the wilderness for a family camping trip, but Jesus shakes things up when he can no longer hold onto his secrets and gets a surprise visit. Callie and Brandon awkwardly navigate their relationship while Jude gets fed up by the way he's being treated.
Meanwhile, Mike asks Ana to move in with him.
- Teri Polo as Stef Adams Foster
- Sherri Saum as Lena Adams Foster
- Jake T. Austin as Jesus Adams Foster
- Maia Mitchell as Callie Jacob
- David Lambert as Brandon Foster
- Cierra Ramirez as Mariana Adams Foster
- Hayden Byerly as Jude Adams Foster
- Danny Nucci as Mike Foster
- Jolene Kim as Technician
- The episode title is referring to most of this episode taking place in nature. The "mother" part of the title may be referring to Ana becoming another due to her being pregnant.
- This episode is the first time Maia Mitchell sings on the show.
- Jesus reveals his tattoo to his entire family and breaks up with Hayley Heinz in this episode.
- Mike Foster is revealed not to be the father of Ana Gutierrez's baby.
- This episode was filmed in the Fosters backyard.
- This is the first time Callie has been camping.
- This is one of Peter Paige's favorite episodes.
- This episode has the fewest number of characters out of any Fosters episode.
- Main Article: Music Guide
- Morning by Michael Kisur (Mariana expresses her annoyance about the family camping trip to Callie and Jude as they pack; Hayley and Jesus say "goodbye" to other when Stef comes into Jesus' room.)
- When Dogs Come Out by Shane Eli (As they drive, Lena tries to get Jesus to talk to her, he then tells Lena his secret about Ana.)
- When I Get Older by Wild Party (Callie and Brandon float in the lake as they talk there is awkwardness between her and him from when she caught him and Lou making-out; Jesus and Hayley text each other.)
- Kids in Toyland by Fresh Body Shop (Stef searches for her phone when Lena catches her; Jesus tells Brandon about Hayley, Brandon gives him advice; Lean demands everyone had over their phones.)
- Louder by Courrier (Jude walks off towards the lake and goes in as Callie tries to stop him, he tells her off then tells Brandon off.)
- Another Beginning by Joshua Radin (At the lake dock, Brandon and Callie have a heart-to-heart conversation.)
- Firepower by The Death Beats (Mariana and Hayley do the 'robot' dance together.)
- The Two of Us by Sophie Park (Callie, Jude and Brandon swim when the rest of the family arrive to the lake; Jesus tells Mariana, Stef and Lena his news about Hayley; The family begins pushing each other into the lake, they all swim.)