|Season 3, Episode 3|
|First Aired||June 22, 2015|
"More Than Words"
When the family takes a vested interest in AJ (guest star Tom Williamson), Callie has doubts about whether she can trust him. Stef surprises Lena with some news about Monte. Meanwhile, Jude has trouble moving on from the trauma of the shooting incident.
- David Lambert as Brandon Foster
- Maia Mitchell as Callie Jacob
- Hayden Byerly as Jude Adams Foster
- Cierra Ramirez as Mariana Adams Foster
- Teri Polo as Stef Adams Foster
- Sherri Saum as Lena Adams Foster
- Danny Nucci as Mike Foster
- Annika Marks as Monte Porter
- Gavin Macintosh as Connor Stevens
- Yvette Monreal as Adriana Gutierrez
- Tony Plana as Victor Gutierrez
- Suzanne Cryer as Jenna Paul
- Tom Williamson as AJ
- Jeff Williams as Mr. Keating
- Jonathan Spencer as Carl
- According to this  by series creator Bradley Bredeweg, the 3rd episode is titled "Déjà Vu"
- AJ is the first black kid to be fostered by Stef and Lena.
- We learn that Stef's father, Frank Cooper, was a cop.
- Brandon caught AJ stealing his baseball.
- We see Jenna's appearance for the first time since The Morning After.
- Jude and Connor learn how to shoot a gun (Jude doesn't shoot it in the end)
- Lena doesn't want Monte to date any women so that she doesn't have to tell Stef about Monte kissing her.
- Mike gives AJ his own phone.
Promo and Sneak Peeks