|“||You're the absolute love of my life, Lena Elizabeth Adams Foster. And nothing will ever, ever, ever, ever change that.||”|
|Pairing:||Stef Adams Foster and Lena Adams Foster|
|Kind of Pairing:||Romantic|
|Status:||Married (temporarily divorced)|
|Other Names:|| Stena |
AdamsFoster (Adams/Foster) is the romantic pairing between Stef Adams Foster and Lena Adams Foster. Stef and Lena had been in a ten year long committed relationship prior to the series, but they soon decided to officially legalize their relationship as a marriage in the episode I Do. Later in the seasons, they did file for divorce, but it was merely a ploy to stall in order to give them enough time to save their house. They do get remarried in The Long Haul.
In Father's Day,
In More Than Words,
In Going South,
- Stef comforts Lena about the argument she had with her mom.
- It is said they don't have many romantic moments. Their close friends Kelly and Jenna are getting a divorce.
- They realize they have been more distant and try to schedule some alone time.
- Lena gets mad at Stef for not telling her about giving Lexi the morning after pill, but they soon resolve the problem.
- Lena and Stef are both seen at the poetry session.
- At the end of the episode, they get their groove on in the car.
- Lena and Stef are seen at Wal-Mart in the morning talking about the dinner.
- Lena and Stef are seen in the kitchen telling Mariana and Callie that they can go to Wyatt's house.
- Lena and Stef are seen at dinner when Mariana and Callie got home.
- Lena and Stef are seen talking to Mariana about Lexi.
- Lena and Stef are seen talking to Callie about bringing Mariana home drunk.
- Lena and Stef are seen talking to the Rivera's about Lexi.
- Lena and Stef are seen arguing about the pie
- Lena and Stef are seen talking to the Rivera's about finding Lexi.
- Lena and Stef are seen in the living room talking to sausages and mash
- Lena and Stef both attend dinner with Gretchen.
- Lena and Stef have a meal with Gretchen the next night.
- They have an argument shortly after Gretchen leaves.
- Lena and Stef find out about Jesus
- There are flashbacks of when they first met.
- Lena visits Stef at the hospital.
- Stef asks Lena to marry her in her hospital bed.
- Stef and Lena argue about the details of their wedding.
- They make up when Stef realizes internalized homophobia is keeping her from fully enjoying her wedding.
- Stef and Lena get happily married.
- They had been together for 10 years before getting married. Lena always desired marriage with a partner whereas Stef didn't see the need for it. However, after Stef's shooting, Stef proposed to Lena, much to her joy.
- Following having Brandon, Jesus, and Mariana, they had initially decided against taking in any more children due to lack of space and time for it. But upon growing attached and loving Callie and Jude, they decided to adopt them and make space for them.
- They each have a special bond particularly with either Callie and Jude; Lena has an emotionally intimate bond with Jude whereas Stef develops a very child-mother bond with Callie. Ironically, Callie had originally had not trusted Stef due to her being a cop, but she soon begins to trust Stef when seeing she always means well.
- While hesitant to have Lena artificially inseminated, they both were overjoyed when learning the procedure had taken and Lena was pregnant with their first biological baby. When Lena lost the child due to Pre-Eclampsia, Lena began to clearly grieve the loss, while Stef initially hid her sadness about the death. However, she soon broke down and wept over losing baby Frankie when stumbling across the child's was-to-be baby blanket, just as Lena called her. She soon admitted to Lena how much she missed the daughter that they lost and never got to know.
- Except for Brandon, all of their children have come through the foster care system.
- Stef is two years older than Lena.
- Stef receives their divorce papers in the mail in The Long Haul when it was revealed that they would lose their house prior to that (they decided to file for divorce in order to have their finances tied up and, therefore, potentially have the buyers back out). They later get married again that same day.
- First Relationship: